Wednesday, August 3, 2011

everyday is a school day.

Earlier on today, I got tagged in  blog post from Liadee but all I could read from it was that is was going to be a post about what her friends have taught her, and I couldn't read it right then so I got to thinking, what is it that I have taught someone, what mark have I left on her and on others what would warrant a mention. I was not entirely sure that I had taught anyone anything really. At the end of the day we are the sum total of those people and the lessons and impressions  they left on us and we chose to hang to to.  Those lessons we do hang on to are those we then pass on to others even if we don't realize it that we are leaving a part of ourselves to those we spend time with.

Once I got a chance to read what worldly lesson I had imparted to her, I couldn't help but laugh, because that same lesson is one my mother has been teaching ever since I could remember. Mama always said don't be stupid, think twice before you jump,  be practical. Of course during my rebellion years I did just the opposite and I got to learn some things about myself, the world and the people in th because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment