Sunday, September 27, 2009

is that the best you could come up with?

I'm different, I march to the beat of my own drum, yadda, yadda, yadda and all that. I mean we are all different, that's what's truly beautiful about the world.  but lately I have been in way too many situations where people expect me to explain why I am the way I am. Like I am suppose to have a little note card totaling every life experience that has led me to be the person I am today to pass out to so people would  "get" me. The funny thing is that the person I am doesn't need to explain,apologize and/or make excuses for me or my actions. When I was younger, I used to try to explain but now it's more like "Here I am, take it or leave it" and I found it's better this way and that the relationships I have formed are more genuine. It's very liberating. Sometimes I wish that everyone said what they were thinking at the moment they were thinking it. It would definitely make for an interesting time. I figure they would be a lot of upset people but also a lot of happy people, because while I am cynical, I know people I thinking happy thoughts always.

1 comment: